Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I wish my kids would get up so they could eat these...

This morning I was in the muffin making mood.  I'm not sure how I came upon these Snickerdoodle muffins, but I decided to try them.

If you are at this very moment comparing the pictures, you will notice that mine look a lot different than "hers".  I have this habit of tweaking recipes.  I can't help myself.  I had blueberries in the fridge and I wanted to use them, but the nostalgic snickerdoodle recipe was beckoning.  So, I added blueberries to the batter right before I put them in the muffin pans.  This was the perfect thing to do, especially since I like my muffins with a lot of texture and not cake-like.  The oatmeal and blueberries in this recipe make them full of texture AND flavor! 

One more thing I changed...I told you, I can't help myself.  Instead of saving the sprinkly sugar/cinnamon coating for after they came out of the oven, I sprinkled some on right before they went into the oven, then every 5 minutes or so, I sprinkled more (while they were baking).  When they had about 3 minutes left in the baking time, I put a little dab of butter on the top of each muffin and sprinkled even MORE sugar/cinnamon!  This made the tops of the muffins crispy and crunchy and cinnamon/sugary.  And that's all there is...there isn't any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment