Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Duvet cover/shams

I have been diligently working on this the past couple weeks.  Well, as diligently as possible in the middle of running teenagers who don't drive alone yet to all their summer activities ;)  I got a couple hours of sewing in most days, well, a couple days.  Oh forget it, I fooled around for 4 days last week and then killed myself sewing for 12 hours straight, ok?!?  It is done and that is all that matters, right?

This duvet cover with 2 shams is for my "original client".  I think I've mentioned her before.  She keeps me in business.  If it wasn't for her, I'd fool around every day doing meaningless stuff like laundry and blogging and then wonder why everyone else seems to get so much more done than me.  (My codependency counselor would reprimand me for comparing myself to others...in the most truthful, loving and encouraging way possible, you understand.)


I've been told that my blog sounds exactly like me when I talk...scary, isn't it?  I can jump from one subject to the next totally unrelated topic at the drop of a pin.  No wonder I don't get anything done.  I need pictures to keep me focused.
Ah, yes, duvet cover.  It is very girly, no?  Doesn't really go with my aqua color scheme, but my bed was the only one big enough to spread it out.  It does look amazing on a black bed, though.
The main body of the duvet cover is this really furry, fuzzy fabric and the trim is sheer pink chiffon. The fuzzy fabric can also be seen on a few outfits I made for the same client.  People really seem to love this fabric and her daughter gets lots of compliments whenever she wears these one-of-a-kind items ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment