Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

I am in LOVE!

I actually finished the skirt yesterday!  It is completely and utterly beautiful!  Now I am wishing I had taken my "free" day earlier in the summer so I could have worn it all season!  No worries, it will make an awesome fall layering piece.  I can't wait to show it to my friend, Thea, who is coming today (how fortunate).  She is the layering queen and can tutor me on what to wear with it :)



This was my inspiration picture.  I saw it in a catalog this spring and knew I had to make one. I went to the Free People site to find better pics and then just copied it.  Theirs says it is nylon chiffon, but I found silk chiffon on sale in a perfect silvery color (heaven!).

 For the skirt top, I used a really fine jersey knit I had on hand.  I bought it early summer because it was on sale and I couldn't stop touching it...it is so soft and smooth.  The mid section is chiffon lined with jersey knit and the bottom is a single layer of dreamy silk chiffon that you could read a newspaper through. 


This can actually be worn as a dress with the waistband unfolded like the top photo or folded down to wear as a skirt.  To be honest, I didn't really think that through and plan it, it just happened that it works. 

Now, I have to go shower and TODAY...I style my hair ;)  really.  i am going to do it.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job! :D And silk is sooo much better than nylon.

    ReplyDelete